When A Student Or Minor Faces Alcohol-Related Charges
San Luis Obispo is a college town. Many college students are arrested or cited for alcohol-related offenses, such as drunk in public, minor in possession of alcohol, possession of a fake I.D. and others. We know how important it is for a young person to avoid a criminal record which could affect a future career.
If the person is under the age of 21 at the time of their arrest or citation, a conviction for any offense involving alcohol or drugs will result in a mandatory 12-month driver’s license suspension in addition to a fine and other punishments from the court. We defend clients accused of alcohol charges, such as:
- Public intoxication (or drunk in public)
- Minor in possession of alcohol
- Possession of a fraudulent or altered driver’s license
- Sales of alcohol to a minor
- Contributing to the delinquency of a minor
- Disturbing the peace
- And all other alcohol offenses
Our defense lawyers are personally familiar with each prosecutor and judge, the decision-makers in the criminal justice system in San Luis Obispo County. This advantage allows us to have an easier time working toward better results, such as the following
- Reduced charges and sentences
- Alternative sentences such as rehabilitation
Pursue A Strong And Vigorous Defense Effort
Your defense lawyer at Casciola & Galambos, LLP, will carefully review the evidence and the events leading up to the arrest. We often obtain a dismissal or reduction of the charges based on evidentiary and Fourth Amendment defenses.