Defending Rights And Freedom Through Criminal Defense Since 1985
Casciola & Galambos, LLP, is an active and successful law firm consisting of attorneys who defend people’s rights and freedom. Our clients have been accused of all types of misdemeanor and felony crimes. Some have been charged in San Luis Obispo Superior Court; others are still under investigation. Established in 1985, our firm was the first to exclusively practice criminal defense in San Luis Obispo. Chris Casciola has been practicing since criminal defense in San Luis Obispo since 1985 and Guy Galambos came to San Luis Obispo in 1996.
We are one of a small number of firms with an emphasis on early advocacy. We routinely represent people who have been accused, are under investigation or have been arrested but have not yet been charged. We call this pre-filing representation. Successful defense at this stage can prevent the harmful consequences of a criminal record.
We have extensive experience handling cases involving:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, medication or drugs – Defense of the rights and freedom of persons accused of drunk driving and other traffic offenses, such as reckless driving, hit and run, evading the police and related offenses.
- Other alcohol-related offenses – Defense of drunk in public, minor in possession, possession of fake I.D., selling or providing alcohol to a minor and other crimes involving alcoholic beverages.
- Misdemeanor and felony drug charges – Drug possession, sales, transportation, cultivation and manufacture.
- Domestic violence charges – Defense of persons accused of spousal battery and familial assault.
- Sex crimes – Sexual assault, rape, statutory rape, indecent exposure, child molestation, possessing child pornography , soliciting prostitution and other allegations.
- Violent crimes – Assault and battery, vehicular homicide, road rage, and aggravated offenses.
- White collar and environmental crimes – Fraud, embezzlement, environmental and other white collar crimes.
- Property crimes/theft/embezzlement – Theft, burglary, and other property crimes.
- Driver’s license suspension – Protecting driving privileges and restoring suspended driver’s licenses.
- Pre-court representation – Defending clients before their first court date by negotiating with the police and prosecutor before charges are filed.
- Post-conviction matters – Probation violations, reducing felonies to misdemeanors and expungement of criminal records.
Strong Representation And Compassionate Concern
As criminal defense lawyers, we find that many criminal charges are the result of underlying personal problems. Judges and prosecutors reward our clients’ sincere efforts to rehabilitate themselves at an early stage of the process. In representing our clients, we work on two levels, as follows:
- We seek to provide a strong and effective defense of the legal charges facing the client.
- Whenever possible, we seek to help our clients obtain the treatment and rehabilitation services they need. These can include drug or alcohol treatment, psychological counseling, or other social services that can contribute to the successful resolution of their personal and legal problems.
At Casciola & Galambos, LLP, we are committed to helping our clients overcome the legal and personal challenges they face. We want them to be able to move forward in their lives in a positive manner.